Want to sell your wedding dress? Is your designer shoe collection taking up too much space? Butterflies sell selected ‘as new’ designer products on behalf of customers, taking a 50% commission of the selling price.
Clients asking that items be sold on their behalf agree to conditions as described below:
- Clients requesting Butterflies to sell their items agree to a commission of 50% of the selling price.
- Butterflies ask that all designer items offered are freshly laundered and in good condition. These items should be uncreased and preferably on the hanger. We reserve the right to refuse items that are, but not limited to, the following: soiled, tarnished, damaged, stained or excessively creased.
- Items will be priced to reflect the label, condition, age, original cost and overall saleability.
- Clients are provided with a personal registration card and an exclusive number which is confidential and must be quoted when enquiring about the sale of the items. The registration card records the number of items held for sale and the date of collection for unsold goods.
- Items are offered for sale on the shop floor for a total of four weeks, with the exception of wedding dresses which are displayed for up to six months. There are special occasions where an extended time period may be offered. Clients are required to collect any unsold items at the end of the fourth week or the extended time period. Please call prior to collection to check the status of your items. A reminder for this collection will not be issued.
- Any items remaining uncollected one month after the stated date of collection will become property of Butterflies and released for disposal.
Items may be reduced and placed in a seasonal sale at the discretion of Butterflies.
- All items are left with Butterflies at the owner’s risk.
- Butterflies do not operate a sale and returns policy.
- Commission is due to cilents when the item is sold and is valid for 6 months from the selling date (any commission over £30 will be issued with a cheque).